How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Richmond
You understand you must protect your home. Above all else, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you keep your valuables. But what kind of home security is best? Determining if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary decisions you need to make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Richmond and see what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection connects to an external monitoring organization that is set to act at all times. If a door sensor triggers or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring agents receive an instant notification. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and dispatch the proper first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional backup. You could consider this alternative as self-monitored, which means that if your system is tripped, you must act to resolve it. This option is the cheaper solution, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Richmond
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system in place is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without your phone, your residence and those inside will still be watched over.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll reply faster to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security might qualify you for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior equipment and seamless integration: When you receive tools, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security expert, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will find independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless residents would rather have work completed by skilled experts, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation will be satisfactory for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Richmond
Here’s a short overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers may think of this as a benefit as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an extra fee. Other residents will want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to install devices when you desire - and from different manufacturers. However, you could find assembling into a seamless system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency takes place, you’re in control of getting support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t see a security alert? This situation will lead to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No assistance connecting the system: If you require assistance during the install, you might have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Richmond
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Richmond from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the best solution for you. Call (804) 294-0619 today to customize your package.