Security cameras can easily be installed as a warning—something that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive armed with a plethora of features all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these tools empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Richmond.
How To Set Up Your Richmond Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your home security cameras on the perfect locations around your living space is the best place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common spots such as the living room or family room. It’s also a smart move to install a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear scene of your front door, driveway, and backyard, shed, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that are less vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Secrecy for you and your family ought to be a major regard before placing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in extracting the most from home security cameras in Richmond. The additions listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your phone the instant unusual activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start recording when movements are discovered which will boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to chat with anyone through the camera. Via your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, provides a more complete view of an area. Look for cameras that provide at least 120° angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will produce clips of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and overlook cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send timely notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Richmond is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your home security is elevated from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (804) 294-0619 or complete the form below to begin customizing your home security system today.