What do you want in a baby monitor in Richmond?
In years past, a baby monitor was quite basic. You install a a device with a built-in microphone in close contact to the crib, which transmits an audio feed to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. Thankfully, baby monitors now have more options. To illustrate, some monitors now offer clear HD video capability and two-way talk. You can even connect some monitors to Wi-Fi so you can wander wherever you want. The latest baby monitors in Richmond are so elaborate that they mimic indoor security cameras in both capabilities and price.
Can you switch baby monitor for an indoor security camera?
Due to the fact that baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate comparable functionality, there are numerous residents in Richmond linking their baby's room to their home security system. So it makes sense -- especially if you’re upgrading to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should have at least 1080p high-def video, and infrared LED technology for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go into the room to soothe your newborn back to sleep. Your reassuring words may be the only thing needed to keep your little one peaceful and resting.
● Sensors and alerts: While it’s an option to have your surveillance system function around the clock to watch your baby sleep, your own alertness may start to lag. Conversely, if your video surveillance notices unusual activity, then you can get a text alert to your smartphone. Perfect when the baby quietly scrambles up the crib or if a pet wanders into the space.
● Recording capabilities: Many baby monitors do not capture the video. Today’s modern devices allow you to send a 20-second clip to grandparents to allow them a glimpse of what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Smartphone access: In lieu of lugging an external monitor with you, you are now able to view your child from a simple smartphone app. You could even say hello to your young one and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have an evening away.